TEMPO.CO, Jakarta – The Jakarta Provincial Government provides education scholarships to the children of health workers who died while on duty handling the COVID-19 pandemic. They include civil servants (PNS) and non-PNS working in government hospitals, health centers, and private hospitals.
The policy is stated in Governor’s Decree No. 1194 of 2022 concerning Education Scholarships for Children of Health Workers who Died in Handling COVID-19 for the 2022 Fiscal Year. Acting Governor of Jakarta Heru Budi Hartono enacted the decree on December 19, 2022.
“The costs required for granting scholarships for the children as referred to in the first dictum will be charged to the 2022 Regional Budget,” said the Governor’s Decree, quoted by Tempo on Monday, January 2, 2023.
It is also stated that the amount of the scholarship is different for each level of a child’s education. The lowest value is Rp6 million per person, while the highest is Rp20 million per person.
Here are the details:
- Children in Early Childhood Education (PAUD) will receive Rp6 million per person per year
- Children in Elementary Schools/Madrasah Ibtidaiyah/SDLB/Paket A Equivalent to SD will receive Rp9 million per person per year
- Children in Junior High Schools/Madrasah Tsanawiyah/SMPLB/Paket B Equivalent to SMP will get Rp12 million per person per year
- Children in SMA/Madrasah Aliyah/SMALB/Paket C Equivalent to SMA will get Rp15 million per person per year
- Children in Vocational High Schools (SMK) will get Rp17 million per person per year
- Children in Universities will get Rp20 million per person per year.
There are 52 children who will receive scholarships from the Jakarta Provincial Government. In detail, there are six children in PAUD, 15 children in SD, four children in SMP, nine children in SMA, and 18 university students.
The funds needed for this scholarship are allocated in the 2022 APBD through the Jakarta Education Agency’s Budget. The decree takes effect immediately.
Click here to get the latest news updates from Tempo in Google News